Jenna joined Feuerstein & Murphy in January 2016 after practicing exclusively family law at a small firm. She has experience in all aspects of family law, including custody/visitation, support and dividing property of significant value. With an eye towards settlement, she understands that no two cases are the same and works with the client to determine what the best course of action is.
Originally from upstate New York, she came to California to pursue a law degree and has been here ever since. During law school, and for a short time thereafter, she volunteered with the YWCA Domestic Violence Clinic. She also interned at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in their legal assistance office, handling clients with matters in all areas of law. She is an ongoing volunteer with the Professional Alliance for Children, a group that takes pro bono cases involving underprivileged minors. As co-counsel with another local attorney, Jenna represented a minor child and her mother in one of the first cases of its kind involving Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) in the Family Court.
Jenna continues to play an active role on the executive committees of the Military and Family Law Sections through the County Bar Association and has organized presentations, volunteer events and CLEs for both groups. She also volunteers each year with the Homeless Court for Operation Stand Down, a large three-day event that offers a variety of free services to homeless veterans.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- Allegheny College
- Bachelor of Arts
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association, Military Law Section, Member at Large
- San Diego County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- Lawyer’s Club, Member
- Professional Alliance for Children
- Volunteer, YWCA Domestic Violence Clinic
- Volunteer, Homeless Court for Operation Stand Down